Publishing Ethics and Policies
E-International Journal of Educational Research (E-IJER) is a non-profit, peer-reviewed international academic journal publishing papers in all disciplines of educational sciences since 2010. The publication stages of E-IJER are based on the unbiased production, development, and sharing of information via peer-reviewed articles which ensure the application of the scientific method, and impartiality. Accordingly, double blind peer review system is applied in the journal. All components as publishers (or organization authorized by protocol), editors, authors, referees, and readers must comply with publishing ethics and policies. In case of identification of falsified or fabricated data in the manuscript, this will be officially reported to the institution of the author and the manuscript will be rejected. Editorial board members and/or the reviewers reserve the right to ask the author(s) to provide raw data used in the manuscript. The members of the E-IJER Editorial Board are assigned considering their expertise in various disciplines of educational sciences. An editor is assigned as the chair of the Editorial Board and two field editors are also assigned. Based on the subject of the research, the editor may send an article to some other experts who are not members of the Editorial Board.
Responsibilities of the Editorial Board
E-International Journal of Educational Research (E-IJER) works hard to ensure the content to be ethically sound. In order to reach this goal, the advice laid out in the guidelines on the COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) website is followed.
- Editorial Board of E-IJER is responsible for all peer review processes of the submitted manuscripts. They are responsible for deciding independently which of these articles should be published, regarding their importance to the scientific community and public interest.
- The relationship between Publisher and the Editorial Board is based on independence policy, and all decisions of the editors are independent of the publisher and the other persons and institutions.
- Editorial Board of E-IJER aims to raise the scientific quality of the journal.
- Editorial Board of E-IJER determines and performs journal policies (publication, blind review, evaluation process, and ethical principles, etc.).
- Editorial Board of E-IJER keeps the records of every article electronically or in written forms.
Ethical Responsibilities of Editor and Field Editors
- The editor-in-chief has to meet the demands of authors and readers; try to provide feedback and be transparent in issues that require correction or explanation.
- The editor-in-chief, ensure that the articles are original and contribute to the literature, readers, researchers, and practitioners.
- The editor-in-chief implements the policies of the blind review and evaluation process, keeps the identities of the reviewers confidential, and ensures that each article is evaluated impartially and in time.
- The editor-in-chief ensures the protection of personal data in reviewed articles and protects the personal data of authors, referees, and readers.
- Editors pay attention to the protection of human and animal rights in the articles. They care to document the explicit consent of the participants of the article and pay attention to the approval of the ethics committee.
- Editors take precautions against misconduct. When necessary, they can operate an objective investigation and share their findings.
- Editors protect the intellectual property rights of the published articles and defend the rights of the journal and the author(s) in case of violation.
- Editors also take the necessary precautions to ensure that the content of the published articles does not infringe the intellectual property rights of other publications.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
Reviewers must bear the ethical responsibilities in E-IJER as below:
- Reviewers should accept to evaluate the articles only related to their field of expertise.
- Reviewers should make the evaluation impartially and confidentially. Nationality, gender, religious or political beliefs, commercial concerns, etc. should not distort the impartiality of the evaluation.
- When reviewers understand that there is a conflict or collaboration, they should inform the editors and refuse to evaluate the article. A reviewer should also inform the editor-in-chief about any similarity of a published or unpublished research if noticed or suspected.
- Reviewers must evaluate articles with a constructive attitude, and they should refrain from insulting and hostile personal comments. Criticism of the authors personally would be inappropriate.
- The reviewers will take into account the "Author Guidelines", "First Submission Template" and "Article Template" as criteria when evaluating both the first submission and the article.
Ethical Responsibilities of the Authors
The ethical responsibilities of the authors are as below:
- Any manuscript submitted to E-IJER should be original. It should not have been published before in its current, or similar, form. If any substantial element of the paper has been previously published, it is needed to indicate to the journal editor upon submission.
- The research should not have been submitted to elsewhere.
- By submitting the manuscript to E-IJER, author(s) guarantees that the work is not in infringement of any existing copyright.
- The author(s) have to provide the raw data, permission for research and approval of the participants to the editorial staff if it is asked for.
- The author(s) should present the proof s for ethical data collection process (such as obtaining permission from others to use scales, questionnaires, observations, interviews, personal photographs and similar documents) in the article. It should be stated in the articles that research and publication ethics and copyright regulations for intellectual and artistic works are complied with. If the study is conducted on human and/or animal subjects, it should be reported in the article that the study is carried out in accordance with local and international guidelines.
- The author(s) cite other works appropriately (in quotation marks up to three lines if it is a direct quotation, and in small and condensed lines if it is more than three lines) and indicate this in the text and at the end.
- Author(s) are obliged to inform the editor-in-chief if they happen to notice any mistake in the research and cooperate during the correction or withdrawal process.
- When the layout process of the accepted article is completed, the corresponding author is informed and the corresponding author fills in the "Layout Commitment" on behalf of all authors and uploads it to the system as an "additional/supporting file".
- The author(s) must make the revisions requested by the reviewers in the manuscripts within at least one year. Manuscripts that are not revised within this period are returned to their author(s) without re-application.
The Notification of Inconsistency with Publishing Ethics and Policies
In case of an unethical situation that does not comply with the “Publishing Ethics and Policies” of E-IJER during the evaluation process, in an early appearance, or a published article, it should be reported to the editor-in-chief.
Open Access Policy
Articles published in this journal are permanently free for everyone to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search and link to the full texts of these articles.
Articles published in this journal are licensed under "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license."
The author(s) of published articles in this journal transfer all publication rights to E-IJER.
Copyright Transfer Agreement